- Support and develop tools and procedures, which maintain and enhance the production pipeline.
- Create workflow documentation.
- Ensure software development follows studio policies and guidelines.
- Assist in training and mentoring of other TDs as required and appropriate.
- Assist in envisioning studio goals. Can work on goals with supervision.
- Works with multiple departments and across multiple areas of Technical Direction.
- Develops and implements new techniques, tools, software, etc.,
- Provide support and development of tools and procedures to extend and enhance the pipeline.
- Ensure his team Members work closely and Assist animators and artists with troubleshooting of shots in a timely manner solving Issues that may include problems with fur, clothing, particle effects, animation, and rendering.
- Support and work with multiple departments, including Modelling, Animation, Lighting, FX, and Research and Development.
- Work closely with other Technical Directors, Production Supervisors, FX Supervisors, and Production Team and implement any pipeline workflow that was provided by clients for specific show.
- Spearheading and Developing studio pipeline which is not clients or project specifics.
- Assist in training and mentoring of Technical artists and entry-level Technical Directors.
- Responsible for career development, performance evaluation, performance management, mentoring, and coaching for all direct reports and participants
- Oversees the R&D and shotgun department and the development of production tools and techniques designed to meet the goals of the studio for both current and future projects.
- Manages Software operations and oversees the implementation of all software within the production pipeline with the support of the IT Development Manager, Python Engineers, and Show Supervisors.
- Participates in the bidding process and strategizes on technical approach; ensures that the Supervisor teams work effectively with the Supervisor and Producer to accurately estimate work-load and resources in creating production budgets, scheduling, and assigning tasks.
Managing the Render resources efficiently.
· Working with the Supervisors on each project, responsible for ensuring the determination of an optimal course to achieve the Client’s creative vision within budget.
· Partners with the Technology team and Supervisors to determine internal software development requirements and appropriate use of vendor applications.
Working with external software vendors and initiating launch and training programs for the crew members.
· Acts as an escalation point for Supervisors, Production Management, and Artist Management to resolve conflicts; ensures limited resources are effectively utilized and artists efficiently tasked by matching artist skillset to assignment identifying cross-utilization opportunities whenever possible
· Promotes a positive and productive work environment and leads collaborative efforts across the facility
· Anticipates facility challenges and identifies solutions with a team of Supervisors and Software Engineers, maintaining an ongoing focus on optimization and efficiency
· Ensures effective communication between Clients and internal teams, CG Supervisors, and A Leads to ensure critical information is shared across shows.
· Oversees the completion of all end of show technical post-mortems and end of show reports, and ensures all appropriate documentation is made available to the facility
· Manages studio communication regarding facility pipeline, technique, and workflow; provides updates to Executive management.